Recent website additions
- Added a never-before-published photograph of Jack Delano on the Artisanry page,
showing a country craftsman making a cuatro.
- Added a beautiful old photo of Maso Rivera and his group to Maso Rivera's page
- Added a photo of Puerto Rico's great cuatro builder Eugenio Mendez--and a
remembrance of his passing 10 years ago—to our opening page.
- We've added the cuatro sonero to the list of interesting cuatro variants at the bottom of our cuatro page.
- We've dedicated a new page to the great cuatrista from Morovis, Juan Peña
- We added a reprint of a 1904 article in the New York Times about Puerto Rican music,
"Native Porto Ricans are Born Music Lovers"
- We added a page surveying the surge of interest in Puerto Rico and U.S. in community
- We added a page dedicated to the great composer/cuatro player Pepe Rodriguez
- We added a page dedicated to the great troubadour Toñín Romero
- We added a report on our January 2012 vihuela conference in Ponce
- We began a new page dedicated to the vihuela-bordonúa
- We re-wrote the existing page on the Bordonúa to reflect recent research findings.
- We added more song recordings to the entry for troubadour Miguel Angel Figueroa in the Troubadours of the Fifties page.
- We added a page dedicated to the great cuatrista Francisco Ortiz Piñeiro
- We added a page of seis and aguinaldo samples performed by Prodigio Claudio
- We created a page dedicated to the renown cuatro maker Miguel Méndez
- We translated the Old Wax page on early Puerto Rican traditional music recordings
- We added David Morales' comprehensive artistic biography of the great troubadour, Chuíto el de Cayey
- We added a page dedicated to the cuatro maker Manuel Henríquez Zapata
- Added the exciting young cuatrista Gabriel Muñoz to our Young Lions page
- Added cuatristas Gabriel Muñoz and Daniel Class to our teaching resources page
- We added two new CD recordings to our Cuatro Project Recommends page
- We established a new search page for our site
- We added a new page featuring the Decimilla and the Aguinaldo
- We added an entry describing a Finnish instrument maker bringing the cuatro to Finland
- We added a translation of the existing article on bordonúa tunings and stringings
- We created a page featuring seis samples by the late, great cuatrista Efraín Vidal.
- We added a page on don Marcelino Quiñones' remarkable Southern cuatro here.
- We noted in our Cuatro Project Accomplishments page, the production of our CD recording of the decimillas of Pichilo Nieves
- We added a page dedicated to the great cuatrista Maso Rivera
- We inserted a more complete biography of our Media Director Wilfredo Echevarría in our Personnel Page
- We created a short video preview of our feature-length DVD documentary, Nuestro Cuatro, Vol. 2 and added it to it's feature page
- We translated the page of the Cuatro Project's new CD recording, La Décima de Espinel into English
- We corrected errors and added new findings on the life of Joaquín Rivera, Lefty from Isabela
- Added Juan Sotomayor's bordonúa solo music to the Bordonúa page
- We created a series of short video previews of our feature-length DVD documentary, Nuestro Cuatro, Vol. 1 and added it to it's feature page
- We created a web page dedicated to the great cuatro maker and folk artisan Carmelo Martel
- We completed the Ladislao Martínez, "Maestro Ladi" webpage